On behalf of the Secretaries and Assistants Association of Anne Arundel County (SAAAAC), I would like to welcome you to our communications center. As you are aware, this is a time of rapid change in public education. Expectations of your performance are high. Demands on your time are great. And the needs of our students are even greater.
SAAAAC’s Education Support Professional (ESP) members take care of the children of Anne Arundel County, making sure they have the tools they need to succeed in our schools and classrooms. We are the…
- Paraeducator who provides your child with a little extra help in the classroom
- Office Assistant who makes sure your son’s records are up to date
- Technician who wires the classroom computers.
We make up more than 40 percent of the total K-12 education workforce. We are a critically important part of the school community.
We bring years of experience to our jobs. On average, K-12 ESP members have nearly 11 years of experience in education support work.
We have strong ties to the community. Nearly 80 percent of us…
- volunteer time to community organizations or activities
- live in the school districts where we work
SAAAAC is committed to building great public schools through higher student achievement, improved school employee quality and safer schools. We are convinced that with the support of our community, our schools will continue to improve. The Anne Arundel County community must provide the resources for:
- Improved employee salaries and benefits that will retain and attract the best employees;
- Improved professional development training for ALL employees;
- Adequate materials for instruction; and
- Extended learning opportunities for students struggling to meet higher standards.
We’ve put together this web site to help parents, community members, and other educators gain a better understanding of the Secretaries and Assistants Association of Anne Arundel County, and to provide resources that will help our membership meet today’s challenges.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us